No…it’s not my anniversary or Meredith’s birthday, but I was awake at 3:53 this morning because our A/C was out and it was muggy, hot and I couldn’t sleep. So I did what any thankful man does…I started thanking God for my wife…and wanted everyone to know how incredibly blessed I am to have Meredith as my wife.
Meredith was wearing this shirt one day and someone jokingly asked, “Are you trying to say you’re a Proverbs 31 woman? That’s pretty egotistical” 🙂
Meredith responded, “Nope, but I’m trying to be.”
Well let me tell you…this IS a Proverbs 31 Woman…and I have proof.
Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will not lack anything good. 12 She rewards him with good, not evil, all the days of her life.
- Trust – I trust her and don’t make any major decisions without gaining her feedback and wisdom.
- Service – She would rather sacrifice to see that I am taken care of, than do things for herself.
- Good and not evil. – Living with her may not always be easy…but she certainly brings good and not evil into our relationship.
Pro 31:13 She selects wool and flax and works with willing hands. 14 She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from far away. 15 She rises while it is still night and provides food for her household and portions for her female servants. 16 She evaluates a field and buys it; she plants a vineyard with her earnings. 17 She draws on her strength and reveals that her arms are strong. 18 She sees that her profits are good, and her lamp never goes out at night. 19 She extends her hands to the spinning staff, and her hands hold the spindle.
- Business Sense – Anyone who knows my wife, knows that she is an incredible business woman.
- Hard working – She is an up early, late to bed kind of person and she is constantly working to serve our family and others.
- Discerning – Check
- Strength – Check
- Wisdom – Double Check
- Hard Working – Ummm…YEAH!!!
Pro 31:20 Her hands reach out to the poor, and she extends her hands to the needy.
- Do I even need to write anything here? She has an incredible heart for others. She has already been in court this morning for a friend and is currently sewing curtains to cover activity center supplies for a 2nd grade teacher.
Pro 31:21 She is not afraid for her household when it snows, for all in her household are doubly clothed. 22 She makes her own bed coverings; her clothing is fine linen and purple. 23 Her husband is known at the city gates, where he sits among the elders of the land. 24 She makes and sells linen garments; she delivers belts to the merchants.
- Prepared – She is ready and willing to face difficulties
- Self-Care – She takes care of herself
- We’ll just leave verse 23 alone
- Entrepreneurial – No doubt…she has an entrepreneurial spirit
Pro 31:25 Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come.
- Strength – Yep
- Honor – Yep
- Optimistic – Yep
Pro 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom and loving instruction is on her tongue.
- Wisdom – Double checked that one earlier but worth Checking again
- Loving Instruction – It may not always feel good, but she’ll tell you the truth that you need to hear and she does it as lovingly as possible
Pro 31:27 She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle.
- Remember the up early late to bed comment?
Pro 31:28 Her sons rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also praises her:
- Family praise – She doesn’t have any sons, but she has daughters and son-in-law’s and they will tell you that she blesses them. When our youngest went to college her had to write a paper about her hero…of course she chose her mother.
- Husband praise – Are you reading this post?
Pro 31:29 “Many women are capable, but you surpass them all!”
- A woman among women – Not going to argue about other women…but she’s the best
Pro 31:30 Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD will be praised.
- Fear of the Lord – She definitely fears the Lord…but as a bonus she is also full of charm and incredibly B. E. A. Utiful
Pro 31:31 Give her the reward of her labor, and let her works praise her at the city gates.
- Love you Meredith
Now it’s your turn…What do you love about your spouse?