“2016 can’t end fast enough!”
“Enough already…2016 needs to go away.”
“I hate you 2016!”
There have been a lot of posts about how horrible 2016 has been and how ready everyone is for this year to end. There is no denying that 2016 brought a lot of pain to a lot of people. There were lost jobs, tragedies, injustice, sickness, pain, and death.
“2017 is going to be my year!”
“Things are going to change for me in 2017.”
“I’m turning over a new leaf and 2017 will be great!”
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 2017 will not create some cosmic reset that will suddenly turn the realities of a fallen world into daisies and daffodils. The upcoming year will be full of lost jobs, tragedies, injustice, sickness, pain, and death…we will probably even lose some people who provided us entertainment.The only thing that you can change in 2017 is YOU. #Choices #Change Click To Tweet
Do you want a better 2017? Here are a few ideas to help you along.
- Change your focus
- You will face hard times in 2017. Accept that…it is a reality, but you have a choice. You can focus on the negative or you can focus on the good things in your life. If you wake up in the morning with electricity, you are better off than 1.2 billion people in the world.
- Change your attitude
- You will face hard times in 2017. Accept that…you can allow things to ruin your day, week, month, and year or you can CHOOSE to face them and overcome. If you have a family, you are better off than 141,000,000 orphans in the world.
- Change your response
- You will face hard times in 2017. Accept that…the question is, how will you respond? Will you pout and vent and complain about your personal struggles on social media (which only adds to your frustration) or will you grow and become a stronger person. If you have access to clean water, you are better off than nearly 1 BILLION people in the world.
- Find your purpose
- You can have a better 2017. Accept that…the question is, why are you here? You are unique…you are the only you in the world. Spend some time and figure out what you can offer the world that no one else can and the do it with everything you have.
- Find your passion
- You can have a better 2017. Accept that…spend some time figuring out what you really care about in this world and then devote your resources to helping others.
- Find your place
- You can have a better 2017. Accept that…but you don’t need to face it alone. Social media is not a replacement for healthy friends in your life. Find people who will encourage you, hold you accountable to living life to its fullest.
In case you haven’t figured it out yet, you can have a better 2017, but it’s up to you. You hold the keys. You have the power to choose from this day forward.
Choose to let go of offenses. Choose to forgive others. Quit being a victim. Don’t allow the pain from your childhood, your family’s legacy or the slow driver in front of you ruin your future. Choose to see the good. Choose to be the change you want to see in this world. Choose to live for something bigger than your own selfish comfort and security.
There are few things that I know for certain, but this is one of them. If you don’t change and choose to live differently…2017 will suck too. #Truth #Choices Click To Tweet